List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] Quanta 4 - Congrats and Thank you
From:       Sasha Andric <sasha () goldnet ! ca>
Date:       2010-07-15 19:10:10

So, I finally got to try Quanta 4. I did just local install and I did not
follow Milan's instructions for setting up environment, so some of my comments
might not be relevant.

Overall this is huge improvement over Quanta 3 but it is just not polished
yet.

Only part I am missing to start using it right now is ability to have custom
script run when file is saved.

Other than that it would be nice to have:

- ability to set per project encoding. I know it is all UTF8 now, but some of
us still have old projects hanging around

- to have project views/sessions. Similar to current sessions, but saved per
project. That way I could chose which part of the project I am working on and
open multiple files with click.

- I added project SQL database. Password was saved in plain text. I think this
should use kwallet in a same way upload profiles do.

- Bookmarks should be persistent. In Quanta 3 this was one of per-project
settings.

- Import for old Quanta projects (including file bookmarks and upload profiles
and file upload status).

Things that seemed broken, but it could be due to my installation (I did not
want to overwrite and replace Quanta 3 as it is still my main editor):

- Menus seem a bit messed up:
	- "View" has only single item "external previews"
	- "Toolbars" has couple options, Load/Save, but they do nothing
	- "Plugins" is empty
	- "No Text", has View, Bookmarks, Tools and Settings submenus.
	- "Settings" menu item is crippled too.

- I use style cloudcity, and it does not seem to always play well with with
all window options. Line/Col number is too low. Bottom docks do always resize
themselves properly when activated.

- When I added project upload profile, I had to restart Quanta to actually get
"Upload profile" dock to show and to get Upload options when right-clicking the
file.

Anyway, I am rather excited about Quanta - again. This thing is really shaping
up very very very nicely. Bit thanks to everyone involved

Sasha