List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] Project setup
From:       Ronald B Cadby <RCadby () RonCadby ! org>
Date:       2010-07-07 23:08:56

Solved (I think):

The following might be useful;

1. Trying to populate a project with too many files at once choked and
froze Quanta instance.

      The resources of your OS run out quickly when trying to populate a
project with a host of directories and files.

      In my case, my system did not like adding a large volume of files
downloaded from the host. It happens that I keep a complete mirror of
the host files in my local computer, so I did a "rescan" of local files
to populate the project.

      Quanta nags a lot if you try loading file types it doesn't recognize.

      Testing using the "quick file upload" from the (right-click)
context menu helped debug the FTP setup.

2. You must be *very* careful setting up the project parameters in
settings and profiles and be precise according to your host's
requirements. My host server rejected all attempts that didn't fit the
host's rules.

Barring any other stupid mistakes or lack of knowledge I look forward to
what looks like the best of all worlds web development tools Quanta has
to offer.