List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] SSHFS mounts and Quanta freezing....
From:       ecadre <ecadre () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2010-06-21 9:27:03

Hi Steve,

sshfs is incredibly usefull isn't it. I have several sshfs mounts to different \
servers and other computers that I use every day. I do the initial mount in my \
.bash_profile file after loading the gpg keyring.

Every now and then programmes (not very often it has to be said) will frezze whilst \
accessing these sshfs mounts. It is some sort of network glitch that has caused one \
of the mounts to be disrupted and for this I have a little bash script to killall \
sshfs (the brute force approach!) and then use sshfs to remount each of the remote \
computers. This almost always solves the problem (the exception being being I have \
completely lost the network) and the programmes spring back to life.

Andrew.