List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] SSHFS mounts and Quanta freezing....
From:       Steve Krzysiak <stkrzysiak () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-06-21 0:43:38

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hey gang, my first post so allow me to introduce myself.   My name is Steve
Krzysiak, I am from chicago and I use quanta mainly for editing PHP and
CSS.  All the others editors I have looked at are too much bloat for my
needs and Quanta has served me just right over the years, so thanks to all
those who have helped in anyway to its community/development.

Anyway, my issue is this:
I use sshfs mounts to mount my remote webservers.  Recently(perhaps after my
upgrade to Ubuntu 10.04) I noticed that after some time Quanta will horribly
crash(the gui will freeze when I try to click its tab) and it seems to be
due to the sshfs mounts.  I'll eventually see a not responding error, x it
out somehow, but still see it in the process tree.  I'll force a kill on its
pid and then when I load quanta again, there is the little gear icon on the
folder that pertains to my sshfs mounts and it turns endlessly.  Any
thoughts?

I think I am going to try next to see what happens if I unmount those mounts
during a crash, then after a crash but with a manual kill.  I reckon I can
also load it from the command line and see issues maybe that way too.
Otherwise, not really sure how to debug this one, any help would be
appreciated.

Thank you,
Steve Krzysiak