List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Kubuntu 9.10
From:       Werner Joss <werner () hoernerfranzracing ! de>
Date:       2009-10-30 13:55:09

Am Friday 30 October 2009 14:39:58 schrieb Billie Erin Walsh:
> I upgraded over night. This morning Quanta was gone. Installing removes
> KDEwebdev. We will see what happens.

that is quite normal.
kubuntu did a very bad job w.r. to quanta:
the so called 'kdewebdev' package in kubuntu only consists of kde4 versions of
kfilereplace+klinkstatus.
they'd better dropped that altogether and provided a complete kde3 kdewebdev
package (including quanta, kommander, io-slaves...) instead.

which is one of the reasons for me (but 1st of all the fact that kde4 is a
ressource hog which turned all my computers to slugs) to switch over to
debian lenny, which (still) has decent kde3 support.

werner