List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] [SPAM]    Personal/project status update
From:       Guido Pinkas <guido.pinkas () bindertrittenwein ! com>
Date:       2008-11-03 14:35:56

On Friday 31 October 2008 20:20:08 Eric Laffoon wrote:
> Once our key systems are in place I will be able to sponsor developers
> easily. Once they are running smoothly I will be able to relegate the time
> I choose to oversee or code. Best of all I can do it all from anywhere in
> the world.
>
> Hang in there. Early next year aggressive work will begin on Quanta and
> Kommander.

Hi,

i also followed the discussion for some time now. Quanta is surely not dead
now and anybody would appreciate if further development would happen next
year.

I'm no KDE developer, but I think that maybe the switch to Quanta 4 should not
be made by learning volunteers. But in this process, the sponsored
developer(s) could build up a startup documentation for those people to
motivate a new development community.

Personally, for my needs quanta is great as it is now, but I also appreciate
if the software I'm using does not APPEAR to be behind in development, f.i.
compared to the status of KDE in general. And when I'm searching for a new
piece of software, I don't consider programs that appear outdated. I wonder
how often some of these would have been better than an actively developed
project I preferred. :)

regards,
Guido