On Friday 31 October 2008 20:20:08 Eric Laffoon wrote: > ... > Once our key systems are in place I will be able to sponsor developers > easily. Once they are running smoothly I will be able to relegate the time > I choose to oversee or code. Best of all I can do it all from anywhere in > the world. > > Hang in there. Early next year aggressive work will begin on Quanta and > Kommander. Hi, i also followed the discussion for some time now. Quanta is surely not dead now and anybody would appreciate if further development would happen next year. I'm no KDE developer, but I think that maybe the switch to Quanta 4 should not be made by learning volunteers. But in this process, the sponsored developer(s) could build up a startup documentation for those people to motivate a new development community. Personally, for my needs quanta is great as it is now, but I also appreciate if the software I'm using does not APPEAR to be behind in development, f.i. compared to the status of KDE in general. And when I'm searching for a new piece of software, I don't consider programs that appear outdated. I wonder how often some of these would have been better than an actively developed project I preferred. :) regards, Guido _______________________________________________ Quanta mailing list Quanta@mail.kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/quanta