List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Roadmap
From:       Mantia Andras <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-10-31 19:00:49

On Friday 31 October 2008, Alexander wrote:
> Hi
>
> Andras & Eric & all others, let me to insert my 5 cents.
> When project is experiencing problems with developers its time to
> think why is that.
>
> From my point of view the biggest problem is the lack of
> documentation for developers.
>
> 1) A brief description of Quanta architecture
> 2) 3-4 articles about writing plugins (quanta plugins, debugging
> plugins, etc...)
> 3) any other info for the developers should be available ON THE SITE

You are right that these informations are missing. Might be one of the
reason why we are lacking developers. Would it help if I'd put them
there now? I doubt, but I can try to do it.

Looking back what we did wrong might not help. I have some ideas what
went wrong, why we don't have a developer community (aside of the user
one), but I don't think it would help if I'd write those ideas down.
 It doesn't really matter, as here we are with no active developer at
this point. I really think the only good way to get new developers is
that somebody gets interested in it and wants to do it. Be it because
he/she needs Quanta, because he is looking for new challenges inside a
community (KDE) or any other reason, the idea is that we can't force
anyone to do it.

Andras