List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] Personal/project status update
From:       Eric Laffoon <eric () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2008-10-31 19:20:08

Hi all,
I wrote some time back I was busy and so is Andras. I have not been
frequenting the list for two reasons...
1) I detest the Quanta is dead BS, woe is me arm chair quarterbacking.
2) I find email can such up time and I used to spend over 20 hours a week on
it in the project.

As I mentioned previously my thinking was to expand my business so I could buy
time and also sponsor developers. Here is the report...
1) We did manage to harvest more than 10x as much raw product as ever and we
have it safely stored. The income potential, is as you might guess, more than
10x what I was making.
2) We have had logistical issues that have been costly to opening up the flow
of business and we are currently addressing them.

I will be busy through the holiday season. However we have been targetting a
number of strategies with two primary objectives.
1) expand business and bring in contractors and key people
2) continue to automate all possible processes and divest reponsiblity to key
people

My objective is to travel and to write and sponsor sofware for KDE, Linux
servers and Linux/Java phones. I also am working on Andras... ;-)

Once our key systems are in place I will be able to sponsor developers easily.
Once they are running smoothly I will be able to relegate the time I choose
to oversee or code. Best of all I can do it all from anywhere in the world.

Hang in there. Early next year aggressive work will begin on Quanta and
Kommander.
--
Eric Laffoon
Project Lead - kdewebdev module