List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] css click and view :)
From:       "Bruno Sarlo" <bsarlo () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-05-06 22:19:23

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 5:52 PM, Eric Laffoon <eric@kdewebdev.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 May 2008 11:56:34 am Niko Sams wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I don't know this particular DW feature and have no idea how this
>> could be integrated
>> in the an editor.
>
> One inherent limitation of the 3x design of Quanta was CSS integration. For
> instance Quanta can use the parser to list PHP variables in include files and
> show them in the structure tree. CSS editing was developed independently and
> while the editor works nicely in context, and one would not want to
> inadvertently edit a stylesheet while working on a page, it was never fully
> integrated. So as a result it's not possible to follow back CSS through
> linked pages. That should be incorporated internally in the DTEP and the
> parser similar to how it is with PHP.
>
> This was one of those things we couldn't get done while fixing bugs and
> adhering to the desktop release schedule. I've long considered we should be
> on an independent release schedule so we can plan and finish what we want to.
> As it happens we are now because of the decision I agree to (which I don't
> regret) to use the KDevelop platform. Unfortunately as I thought might be the
> case it is delaying a KDE4 release, but I hope it will prove worth the wait.
>
> Andras and I have to discuss when we think we can have a KDE4 release, but
> it's going to be months of hard work away. If anyone wants to offer to patch
> some of the small shortcomings in the 3x version I'd consider a special
> release, but I'd much prefer to discuss and decide on the developer list.
>
> --
> Eric Laffoon
> Project Lead - kdewebdev module

Thanks for your reply Eric, I got a clear view now.

I've just tested Amaya for this functionality and it has something
similar, with "Ctrl + i g" it shows all applied styles and you can
click on them and it takes you to the code... very handy, I just
mention it as a side note.

Although I'm not a programmer I'll try to help on whatever I can while
I go through the use of Quanta, I just suscribed to the dev list too.

Thanks for your time and work :)

--
Bruno