On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 5:52 PM, Eric Laffoon wrote: > On Tuesday 06 May 2008 11:56:34 am Niko Sams wrote: >> Hi, >> >> I don't know this particular DW feature and have no idea how this >> could be integrated >> in the an editor. > > One inherent limitation of the 3x design of Quanta was CSS integration. For > instance Quanta can use the parser to list PHP variables in include files and > show them in the structure tree. CSS editing was developed independently and > while the editor works nicely in context, and one would not want to > inadvertently edit a stylesheet while working on a page, it was never fully > integrated. So as a result it's not possible to follow back CSS through > linked pages. That should be incorporated internally in the DTEP and the > parser similar to how it is with PHP. > > This was one of those things we couldn't get done while fixing bugs and > adhering to the desktop release schedule. I've long considered we should be > on an independent release schedule so we can plan and finish what we want to. > As it happens we are now because of the decision I agree to (which I don't > regret) to use the KDevelop platform. Unfortunately as I thought might be the > case it is delaying a KDE4 release, but I hope it will prove worth the wait. > > Andras and I have to discuss when we think we can have a KDE4 release, but > it's going to be months of hard work away. If anyone wants to offer to patch > some of the small shortcomings in the 3x version I'd consider a special > release, but I'd much prefer to discuss and decide on the developer list. > > -- > Eric Laffoon > Project Lead - kdewebdev module Thanks for your reply Eric, I got a clear view now. I've just tested Amaya for this functionality and it has something similar, with "Ctrl + i g" it shows all applied styles and you can click on them and it takes you to the code... very handy, I just mention it as a side note. Although I'm not a programmer I'll try to help on whatever I can while I go through the use of Quanta, I just suscribed to the dev list too. Thanks for your time and work :) -- Bruno _______________________________________________ Quanta mailing list Quanta@mail.kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/quanta