List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] CSS Editor - am I missing anything?
From:       Tony Addyman <A.M.Addyman () salford ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2007-09-11 10:00:28

Here is my understanding of how it works - and some questions where
things don't seem clear. I have checked all the email archives, and
cannot find anyone asking about the editor. Google does not help either.

I am using the CSS editor with an external stylesheet linked to an XHTML
file. Both are in a project.

Click on the CSS button and CSS Selector Dialogue is displayed. It is
obvious how you chose a selector that is a tag or a pseudo. What is not
obvious (to me):
1. Is there any way of looking up class and id names, or do I just type
them in?
2. If I type an id in, I appear to need to provide the #. In that case
why are classes and ids separate in the interface?
3. If the selector is more complex, e.g. #content ul li, is there a way
to use the selector dialogue to build this selector (CCSED appears to do
this), or do I just type it in?

Once the selector has been constructed it appears in the list of
selectors. You double-click on it and a property editor is displayed.
Using this you can select the desired property, and then use a series of
buttons and drop-down boxes to construct the required value.

Summary
-------
Creating a simple selector based on a single tag is very easy.
Constructing the property and value is very easy.
Constructing a more complex selector does not appear to be made easy by
the editor. I am probably missing something, but what?

Thanks for any hints

Tony
PS Hi, Eric! I have returned to the fold after leaving Zope/Plone. I am
getting ready to use Quanta+ with my students and trying to catch up on
developments since 3.2BE!
--

Eur Ing A.M.Addyman
Computer Science, Multimedia and Telecommunications