List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Unable to load kdewebdev-3.3.5
From:       JoeB <joeb () bolducservices ! com>
Date:       2006-12-21 1:27:36

Ok guys. Did not realize I was sending in html. E-mail app format on
auto.  Hopefully this time it's just text.

I'd really like to figure this out but as I pointed out in the initial
post I'm a relative newbie to Linux. As such, your answers make only
semi sense to me.

I'm logged in as root so rights should not be an issue.
I am not using rpms, unless I'm missing something here.
I installed Qt, embedded and X11, as per the instructions with no
problems. Qt seems to function fine, tried a few things in it using the
examples, kinda fun actually, so I assume it loaded all those headers
and development tools.

What I don't get is I'm already running KDE and Quanta so why won't the
update just load? Since these apps already work and are less than 2
years old why shouldn't the updated app work off the same dependencies?
And the only app I want is Quanta.

I don't expect things to be Win easy, I'm from the pre-Win days of Dos
and I enjoy the whole Linux command line and configuring thing, but this
is a good example of why more people are not Linux users since getting
answers to problems is sometimes a bit difficult.

Although this difficulty is a plus for some of my customers whom I've
setup with Linux desktops as it keeps their employees from loading
non-business apps :)

On Wednesday 20 December 2006 22:02, JoeB wrote:
> > Qt is in there several time and the paths seem to match what Quanta
> > is looking for.

Its not enough to have Qt libraries, you must have the Qt headers and
development tools as well (as Eric said, this is mostly in -dev
or -devel packages). And I'm sure you will need more such packages,
like the kdelibs-devel.  ;-)

Andras

PS: try to no post in HTML to the list.