List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] Default DTD: Empty DTEP valid for all files
From:       Palantir <radar () netpalantir ! it>
Date:       2006-11-20 10:56:40

Hello everybody

[Using Quanta 3.5.5 compiled from sources on Gentoo]

I use quanta since a very long time, but in the latest releases something
changed in the DTD management which drives me crazy.
My project is inclusions-driven, so each final HTML page is composed by
several inclusions, and only the most external one has the proper DTD
declaration, the inner inclusions are just HTML snippets.

Now, I used to set a default DTD in the quanta settings, and I was done. Now
quanta became more sophisticated, and it tries to guess the DTD from file
extensions, DTD declarations, and such. For me, the result is that it always
loads the empty DTEP for all of my files, and this means that I have no HTML
toolbar. This is most annoying. I need to click on DTD > Change the DTD,
select the correct one, and confirm, for each and every opened file!

Can I just force a DTD for *any* file, regardless of MIME, extensions, and
other amoenities? I have set the default DTD from the Quanta environment
options _and_ the project properties, but I keep getting the same result.

I am in trouble, because I find that there is a big confusion in quanta
regarding extensions and MIME types. Currently you have options about mime
and filetypes in a number of places:

KDE Control center > File associations
Configure Quanta > Enviromnent
Configure Editor > Highlighting
Configure Editor > Filetypes
DTD > Edit DTD settings

And you can set the defult DTD in several places.

If I can't force the DTD, how can I associate the XHTML 1.1 Strict DTD with
*.dhtml and *.tmpl files?

Please help...

Palantir