List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Kommander Database Plugin beta test
From:       "Anthony Ettinger" <anthony () chovy ! com>
Date:       2006-09-06 21:11:19

> What do you mean?
>
> 1) Get the file and extract it
> 2) Go to the extract directory and click on install.kmdr - follow instructions

This is where I"m stuck. I click "Make Plugin", and then it says to
"Register Plugin". At this point it brings up a dialog for a *.la file
(which I don't seem to have).

> 3) Open the Kommander editor and add a database connection widget

where is the Kommander editor?

> 4) open an editor window, open the Function Browser (lower left button in
> editor) and select the widget like Database1.
>
> Once you have done this you will see all the functionality on the left with
> descriptions on the right. In the center you can point and click to fill in
> parameters and insert it into the editor. You can get questions answered on
> the Kommander list and we will probably make some simple example dialogs.
> Using the function browser should make all the functionality pretty easy to
> access
>
> As far as using it in Quanta...
> 1) create a dialog to do what you want
> 2) set output to echo text you want out
> 3) create an action in Quanta using kmdr-executor [path]/mydialog.kmdr that
> inserts at the cursor and add it to a toolbar or key combo
> 4) enjoy
>
> I have a rather comprehensive one I will be debugging and making available via
> our KStuff servers shortly.
> --
> Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader
> http://quanta.kdewebdev.org

Anthony Ettinger
resume: http://chovy.dyndns.org/resume.html
Currently available for freelance projects
blog: http://www.chovy.com