List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Kommander Database Plugin beta test
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-09-06 20:39:57

On Wednesday 06 September 2006 11:06 am, Anthony Ettinger wrote:
> On 9/6/06, Eric Laffoon <sequitur@kde.org> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 06 September 2006 8:38 am, Eric Laffoon wrote:
> > >  Try installing as yourself and I will put in a
> > > test to deny root install.
> >
> > Any future downloads will have this test and I'm working on one to give
> > more information for any required libs too.
> > --
>
> Are there step-by-step Quanta plugin instructions for these?

What do you mean?

1) Get the file and extract it
2) Go to the extract directory and click on install.kmdr - follow instructions
3) Open the Kommander editor and add a database connection widget
4) open an editor window, open the Function Browser (lower left button in
editor) and select the widget like Database1.

Once you have done this you will see all the functionality on the left with
descriptions on the right. In the center you can point and click to fill in
parameters and insert it into the editor. You can get questions answered on
the Kommander list and we will probably make some simple example dialogs.
Using the function browser should make all the functionality pretty easy to
access

As far as using it in Quanta...
1) create a dialog to do what you want
2) set output to echo text you want out
3) create an action in Quanta using kmdr-executor [path]/mydialog.kmdr that
inserts at the cursor and add it to a toolbar or key combo
4) enjoy

I have a rather comprehensive one I will be debugging and making available via
our KStuff servers shortly.
--
Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader
http://quanta.kdewebdev.org