List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] [OT] I seem to have misplaced my fish.
From:       Stefan Vunckx <stefan.vunckx () skynet ! be>
Date:       2006-08-08 19:16:59

On Tuesday 08 August 2006 20:42, chris feldmann wrote:
> On 8/8/06, Alan Richmond <alan@aardwolfweb.com> wrote:
> > Hi Chris,
> >
> > You need to emerge kde-base/kdebase-kioslaves.  (There are also
> > kde-base/kdemultimedia-kioslaves and kde-base/kdepim-kioslaves but you
> > won't need those for fish.)
> >
> > -Alan
>
> Hi Alan. I have actually tried this already. kde-base/kdebase blocks
> kde-base/kdebase-kioslaves, so I unmerged kdebase and emerged
> kioslaves (which brought along kdialog as a dependency) with the same
> result. Then I switched back to kdebase (which likewise requires
> kdebase-kioslaves to be unmerged). Are you suggesting that I should be
> able to emerge BOTH kdebase and kdebase-kioslaves?
>
> I've possibly tried some other things since, though, so I'll give it
> another go.
>

> chris

No kde-base/kdebase is the single ebuild for all of kdebase, while
kde-base/kdebase-meta is the package grouping all the kdebase ebuilds
together, including the kde-base/kdebase-kioslaves package. You have to
choose between split ebuilds or not.

Can you check if these files exist for you ==>

/usr/kde/3.5/lib/kde3/kio_fish.la
/usr/kde/3.5/lib/kde3/kio_fish.so

(or whatever kde version u have installed)
They should belong to your kde-base/kdebase package.

/stefan