List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Dreamweaver concurrency compatibility mode?
From:       Sasha Andric <sasha () goldnet ! ca>
Date:       2006-07-04 15:07:53

On Tuesday 04 July 2006 03:54, Timothee Groleau wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there is a project mode in quanta that is compatible with the built-in,
> simple concurrency mechanism of Dreamweaver?
>
> If I'm not mistaken, the way DW works is that when you check out a file
> from the server, DW will create a .LCK file for it on the server and then
> download the file for local editing. No other person should check out the
> file, and their copy of DW will prevent it until the file is checked back
> in and the LCK file removed. Upon check in, DW uploads the file back to the
> server.
>
> I've just been pulled in a project where everyone the team is using DW with
> this mechanism, and I was hoping I could use Quanta with them. Right now,
> I'm a bit worried considering I could edit a file accidentaly if I don't
> notice a .LCK file exist, which means someone else is already working on
> it.

You could take a look at custom actions and project events. You should be able
to script something that after you open file checks if there is .LCK file and
if so it prompts you with warning and if there is no such file it could
create one. You could use the same mechanism to delete .LCK  file (if one was
created) when your file is closed.