List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] Dreamweaver concurrency compatibility mode?
From:       Timothee Groleau <timothee.groleau () muvee ! com>
Date:       2006-07-04 6:54:19

Hi all,

Is there is a project mode in quanta that is compatible with the built-in,
simple concurrency mechanism of Dreamweaver?

If I'm not mistaken, the way DW works is that when you check out a file from
the server, DW will create a .LCK file for it on the server and then download
the file for local editing. No other person should check out the file, and
their copy of DW will prevent it until the file is checked back in and the
LCK file removed. Upon check in, DW uploads the file back to the server.

I've just been pulled in a project where everyone the team is using DW with
this mechanism, and I was hoping I could use Quanta with them. Right now, I'm
a bit worried considering I could edit a file accidentaly if I don't notice
a .LCK file exist, which means someone else is already working on it.

Thanks,
Tim.