List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Summer of Code 2006
From:       "Mark A. Taff" <marktaff () comcast ! net>
Date:       2006-04-18 19:46:45

On Tuesday 18 April 2006 09:59, Andras Mantia wrote:
>  Google organizes the summer of code this year as well and KDE is
> invited to join it. If you have ideas about what we could suggest for
> Quanta, please post here.

Brainstorming:

1)How about some form of as-you-type validator (doh!, you can't nest that
element!)?

2)How about using KNewStuff/KDE-Files.org to create a collection of site
templates, php classes, XHTML menus.  Some could ship with Quanta, the rest
through KNewStuff.

3)How about a wizard of sorts to setup and use a cvs/svn repository with a
project?  Personally, I think Quanta keeping track of the project files in a
source control system would be valuable, even by default.

4)How about a color pallete widget with chooser? Right now we have the color
chooser for getting/setting the html color.  What I'm talking about is a
facility to choose the colors that make up the color scheme for the project
you are working on.  These colors should be stored as a scheme, such that new
schemes could be downloaded from KDE-files.org.

Perhaps after you choose a color, the pallette could auto suggest several
complimentary shades/tints.

5) How about svg files for popular web items, like bullets, various dividers,
banners, buttons (vaild xhtml, rss, quanta ;-) ) etc.

Out of all those ideas, I personally like #3 the best.

Thanks for all your hard work Andras.

Regards,

Mark