List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Need Help with Quanta+Docbook extensions
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-02-01 21:02:41

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi Korky,

 did you sent the mail intentionaly in private? I say, let's move back
to the list. I just CC'd because:
- KMail does that
- you read the digest, so you got this way faster

On Wednesday 01 February 2006 15:44, Korky Kathman wrote:
> Yes I did. In fact, these articles were the reasons why I was hopeful
> that Quanta could be actively used.

Ok, I was just checking.

> > > I have looked at the DTD items under the menu option but dont
> > > seem to find a way to get those aligned with this external DTD
> > > source.
> >
> > DTD->Load & Convert DTD: select the docbookx.dtd you need and it
> > will create a new DTEP that can be used by Quanta.
>
> I actually went to the oasis-open site and copied the DTD locally to
> my drive and did the Load & Convert. Using this did not seem to
> change a thing,

This way you should have a new DTEP created. It is clear that if you
have downloaded only the .dtd file it will not work as that one
includes other files. Download the zip file from
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.3/, unzip it and try again. I
used:
- target dir: docbook-4.3
- Name: -//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.3//EN
- nickname: DocBook XML 4.3
- !DOCTYPE line: <!DOCTYPE preface PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML
V4.3//EN" "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.3/docbookx.dtd">
- extnsion: xml

OK->OK->DO NOT USE

Settings->Configure Quanta->Environment->Default DTD: DocBook XML
4.3->OK

Project->Close Project (if you had an opened project)
Window->Close

The empty document and any newly created document will be a DocBook XML
4.3 one. I tried, autocompletion works fine.

Now to load the other docbook toolbars: DTD->Edit DTD Settings->DocBook
XML 4.3->OK.
Toolbar folder: docbook
Autoloaded toolbars: docbook_code, docbook_table, docbook_ui,
docbook_xml, xmltools

Unfortunately at this stage you have to restart Quanta in order to see
the effect of the changes, mainly to load the docbook 4.2 toolbars
(not the KDE version!).

There are some other Docbook only toolbars on www.kde-apps.org as well.

If you have problems, I'm ready to send you the whole new DTEP.

> Andras I have attached the DTD file, the XSL and the XML file.  I'd
> certainly appreciate it if you could run this through and see if you
> can get a HTML file generated. If you can, please just let me know
> your steps in Quanta and other pertinent settings (there are many),
> and I will retry.  As of the moment I will use Kate and hardwire the
> xsltproc and meinproc in a bash script.

works, but for me using DTD Internal checks the document if you are
online as it gets the docbookx.dtd from the web. You may try to play
more with this and the checkxml.kmdr and meinproc.kmdr from the Scripts
toolview. First put them on a toolbar.
Alternatively you can write your own Kommander script which calls the
validation tools with the right arguments and invoke it from Quanta.

Transforming: the last comment applies here as well. I am no expert in
the xslt tool as well, but I can help you to adjust the Kommander
script if you tell me what arguments do you need to supply for it.

Andras