List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] LQ pole and why I've been quiet
From:       Joff <ffoj () flashgranny ! co ! uk>
Date:       2006-02-01 13:05:11

On Wednesday 01 February 2006 12:01, Eric Laffoon wrote:
> I have not been active on the list lately other than to read it a little.
> I'm actually busier than usual with business for this time of year and it's
> been compounded by lost time. We lost our 16 year old dog on Saturday to
> kidney disease. It was difficult but she had a long and rich life. I am
> feeling better now but it seems nearly impossible in just a few words to
> describe the character she displayed to the end. It was over a week of a
> bittersweet goodbye. I chose to compile some photos to remember her by and
> share this with our friends. You are all welcome to visit. If you would
> like to see a picture of a dog with a bird on her head or other fun
> pictures this is the place to look.
> http://kittyhooch.com/photos.php?pgrp=duchess
> Just to let you know only the last 10 pictures are the sad ones of her
> final days.

There's not much that moves me particularly, but looking through those photos
really touched my heart. I'm 27 years old, 6'1" tall, 240 lbs and at the end
of those photos i was in tears!

What can i say Eric. Not much, other than I know how hard it can be to lose a
loved one. Dogs are such wonderful animals, i've grown up around dogs (my
parents were dog trainers) and everyone that passes away is so difficult.

I feel for you Eric (and family) I really do.

Joff

p.s D'you think they allow cats into Dog Heaven? (even just to play?! )  :)