List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Need Help with Quanta+Docbook extensions
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-02-01 8:50:34

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

(Please try to keep the subject even if you read the digest).

On Tuesday 31 January 2006 16:37, Korky Kathman wrote:
> Andras thank you for your response.
>
> In working on creating a Kubuntu Desktop Guide from the orignal
> Ubuntu source, If you bring up any XML document, you'll notice that
> the DTD is
>
> <!DOCTYPE preface PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.3//EN"
> 	"http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.3/docbookx.dtd"
>
> One difficulty is that I cannot seem to get this loaded into Quanta
> 3.5.

First of all, did you look at the tutorials on
http://quanta.kdewebdev.org/docs.php ? Especially
http://quanta.kdewebdev.org/tutorials/quanta-docbook/quanta.html and
the two presentation. Also the "Extending Quanta Plus" and "Converting
a DTD to a DTEP" sections of the handbook should be useful for you.

> I have looked at the DTD items under the menu option but dont
> seem to find a way to get those aligned with this external DTD
> source.

DTD->Load & Convert DTD: select the docbookx.dtd you need and it will
create a new DTEP that can be used by Quanta.

> This could be the biggest issue I have as you read on.  Some
> detailed instruction here might help.  The progam seems to always
> want to load the HTML 4.01 Transitional.

It works with whatever DTEP you select (from the available ones). See
Settings->Configure Quanta->Environment->Default DTD (this will be the
default if no project is loaded) or  Project->Project
Properties->Default DTD (this is the default for all newly created
project files or for those which don't have a !DOCTYPE line).

> Secondly, Ubuntu does not use the docbook standard that KDE does
> (unfortunately).  So therefore the XML toolbars don't help too much.

You can create your own versions based on those and modify the
description.rc so the right ones are loaded. Or save a Project View
with the toolbars you want.

> I have loaded the one that simply has the XML validity check and the
> Xsltproc tab. (Toolbars, load Global, docbook, xmltoolbar).
>
> When I click the check-XML button, I typically choose DTD-external
> (again not sure this is correct), then click the Validate.  The code
> spins in the message area, but gives no valid or not valid check. I
> am assuming this goes back to the fact that it doesn't know which DTD
> to validate against?

Sincerely I don't know, as that tool was not written by me. Did you
selected the .dtd file in the Definition URI line?

> Finally clicking on the Xsltproc button, I check to use the current
> document (in this case preface.xml), enter the source XSL (which is a
> very long URL:
> /usr/share/apps/ksgmltools2/customization/kde-chunk.xsl and must be
> entered EVERY time you wish to regen.  I enter the output file to be
> ~/preface.html.   This produces no output file whatsoever.

Again, I'm not sure about this, but send me the xsl and some xml files
and I can try. I think in order to remember the long URL, you should
not close the dialog, but keep it running in the background.

Andras