List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Autofill title, h1, and filename?
From:       Eyolf Ostrem <eyolf () oestrem ! com>
Date:       2005-12-20 13:50:56

On Tue 20 December 2005 04:50, Eric Laffoon wrote:

> you need to be very explicit when you talk to a programmer.
> Initially it sounded like this was the same text in every file. That sounds
> odd to me but I've learned to let people do as they please, no matter how
> odd.

OK. My fault. Yes, what I'm talking about is: whatever I write in the title
tag, e.g. in the Document Properties dialog, will auto-fill to the H1 tag,
and when I save the file the first time, there will be a suggested file name
based on the title. Example:

title: Tell Ol&#039; Bill
H1: Tell Ol&#039; Bill
file name suggestion: tell_ol_bill.html

> > > If you want to know the
> > > community you live in you get in your car and drive around and see
> > > what's there. If you want to know a piece of software you poke around
> > > the interface and see what it has and what it does. Then you will come
> > > up with questions that need answers.
> >
> > Which is what I did.
>
> I hope it's nice. ;-)

So do I :-)
Looks nice so far. Rough but friendly tone - I like that...

About forums:

> > I spend quite a lot of time trying out new software, and my comment was
> > based on the experience that it was significantly more difficult to find
> > user-based information - questions and answers, from user to user (or
> > admin/dev) - about Quanta than about just about any other application, be
> > it Gimp or some obscure font tool.
>
> But easier to talk to the developers.

Probably true, but the nice thing about an ordinary forum is that there's a
chance someone else has had my question, and someone else again, an admin or
an ordinary user, has had an answer. Since it would have been easier for me
to find the answer, or to browse "partial hits" to get a more general idea
about the relevance of the question, I wouldn't have had to bother you with
it, you wouldn't have had to spent time on the answer (and these
followups...), but instead spent more time on development, and everybody
would be happy! :-)

About DW search:

> Please send me an email with screenshots and a detailed description if you
> could so I could review and see who's missing what.

I will. I will have to log in to the Windows partition, then... Hm. Ok then -
I'll do it. But don't hold it against me.

> LOL! Okay fine. You can relax now. ;-)

OK. Phew. :-)

> If you can come up with cohesive suggestions, by which I mean not "make it
> like DW" but "under this scenario do such and such" then you can post or
> submit them as feature requests.

OK 2

eyolf
completely relaxed, almost asleep

--
Using words to describe magic is like using a screwdriver to cut roast beef.
		-- Tom Robbins