List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Problem with mailto: links in Quanta
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-12-18 5:35:36

On Saturday 17 December 2005 9:11 pm, Graeme Nichols wrote:
> Hello Folks,
>
> Probably a dumb question but I have the following error pop up when I
> have a mailto: link in my page.
>
> The page renders OK in Quanta when I click on the 'Preview' eye but when
> I then click on the mailto: link I get the following error;
>
> An error occurred while loading mailto:gnichols@tpg.com.au:
> Could not start process Unable to create io-slave:
>  klauncher said: Error loading 'kmailservice %u'.

For some reason the services are limited in our application of KHTML. It
should work fine in a regular browser window. This will be fixed in future
versions.

> If I enter into a terminal the following command;
> 'kmailservice gnichols@tpg.com.au' the composer window comes up but the
> email address is not in the To: field
>
> Is kmailservice a plugin? I tried setting it as a plugin but Quanta
> didn't like it. Kleopatra set up OK as a plugin.

There's a difference between plugging into Quanta and plugging into KHTML.
Some services don't get loaded in KHTML in our preview.

> Quanta post-3.4.0 on KDE 3.4.0-6 (Red Hat) I have a full installation of
> KDE on my FC4 system using Gnome as the desktop.
>
> Another problem I have is when I click a tag in the toolbar, eg.
> paragraph, break etc. I get two of each tag. If the tag has a closing
> tag I get two opening tags followed by two closing tags. I haven't been
> able to sort this one out either. This happens also on tags that bring
> up a dialogue box such as <table>. I click OK on the dialogue box, the
> table tag is inserted in the page but the dialogue box is still there
> (actually a second dialogue box pops up instantly to replace the first
> one) If I click OK on this box I get a second lot of table tags but the
> box goes away as it should. I have to click cancel to avoid a second
> lot of tags.
>
> Strange. Hope someone can point me in the right direction.
>
> Ta.

That is totally strange. I tend to fall back on how many weird things have
happened in the past in Fedora installs, but it's possible this might be
caused by multiple resource trees being read. I don't know if I could
duplicate it but I'd start looking in your install and making sure you don't
have two installed resource packages.

You can try this in a console...
echo $KDEDIRS
(tells you all directories to look for KDE resources)
echo $KDEDIR
(tells you KDE's base directory)
find $KDEDIRS -name quanta
(should locate all resources)

I hope this helps. Andras may have some better idea.
--
Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader
http://quanta.kdewebdev.org