List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Ruby On Rails Syntax Highlighting
From:       Chris Martin <linux () chriscodes ! com>
Date:       2005-08-22 18:52:47

Martin Honermeyer wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> nice to read this. I am also working on Rails websites with Quanta.
>
> I am using a combination of KDevelop and Quanta for Rails development.
> KDevelop for code files (controllers, models), because of it's nice Ruby
> support. And Quanta for the templates.

Just curious (as I've only briefly looked at it), what ruby features
does Kdevelop provide? Is there more than just syntax highlighting?
They share the same syntax definitions, so Quanta has the same Ruby
syntax highlighting that kdevelop does. (Which means mine will also work
in Kdevelop for highlighting your templates.)

If the syntax is all you're using, I'd suggest opening your "code files"
in Quanta. The single cohesive environment might already be there, it is
for me! Especially now that I've seen how to add the Konsole plugin to
Quanta. You can run webrick, and generate models, controllers, all
inside Quanta (as well as kdevelop).

If only the document structure features could be used for Ruby in
Quanta, that would be nice!

> Quanta with it's tag completion is just great for editing html templates.

Definitely! Best editor ever. This is the reason I took along time to
compile Quanta (and other kde apps) on OS X, instead of using TextMate
like all the other rails heads. That's also what keeps me away from
FreeRIDE, which does have something similar to the document structure view.

Chris