List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] <!--[if IE]> <![endif]--> comment makes problem
From:       Justin Croome <justin () emutrax ! com ! au>
Date:       2005-08-14 23:07:49

On Saturday 13 August 2005 06:11, Dave Brooke wrote:
> On Sunday 07 August 2005 14:20, Robert Bohdal wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> >     I can't see nothing in VPL Editor mode when I have
> > "<!--[if IE]> <![endif]-->" in head section. After remove these lines
> > everythings is OK.
> >
> > Is it a bug or problem in KHTML browser?

Hi,

I had to use  "<!--[if IE]> <![endif]-->" in a project recently. I get the
same thing if I put it in the head section of the document, nothing displays
in VPL except a series of script markers. I tried the page in Konqueror which
uses KHTML and the page works fine there.

I've got around this by putting the  "<!--[if IE]> <![endif]-->" section of
code in a seperate file and using SSI to include it on each page I needed it.

Justin