List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Transforming XML using XSLT
From:       Martin =?iso-8859-1?q?Br=FCggebors?= <martin () ninu ! de>
Date:       2005-07-13 21:54:09

Am Mittwoch, 13. Juli 2005 06:45 schrieb C.R. Chambers:
> Hello all-
>
> I am simply trying to transform an xml file using xslt and wish to see
> the result. When I try this in Quanta+, I do the following:
>
> 1. Click on XML debugger icon.
> 2. Click the Configure icon and choose an .xsl file and an .xml file.
> 3. Click "Apply."
> 4. Click the run icon.

I just tried this with quanta 3.4.0.
There are tree files needed: input (xml), input (xsl) and
output (html in my case).

Then I ran the debugger, and after some clicking on 'continue (F4)'
I got this (excuse the errors, this was a file in work):

---------- snip ---------------------------------------------------
		xsldbg output capture ready

Load of source deferred. Use the run command.
Load of data file deferred. Use the run command.

Starting stylesheet

Setting stylesheet base path to
file:///home/martin/public_html/paxlist/style/.
file:///home/martin/public_html/paxlist/data/paxlist1.xml:2: I/O warning :
failed to load external entity
"file:///home/martin/public_html/paxlist/data/paxlist.dtd"
<!DOCTYPE PAXLIST SYSTEM "paxlist.dtd">
                                       ^

Reached template: "/" mode: ""

Finished stylesheet

Well, the output in /tmp/nix.html was the html I expected.
I never really tried do debug my stylesheets, but it
basically seems to work in my environment.