List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] ftp functionality in quanta 3.3.2
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-03-04 10:08:13

On Thursday 03 March 2005 05:37 pm, Jens Herden wrote:
> Hi Tink,
>
> > I've done my searching, red the (sparse) documentation
> > but can't figure out what I'm doing wrong ... I'm trying to
> > point quanta to my homepage (which I can access via
> > ftp only), quanta however comes back asking for the
> > user/password combination over and over (but I know
> > they're correct because they work when I ftp manually).
>
> What do you mean by pointing? Did you try to open a file or did you try to
> make a remote project?

Yes, there are a lot of ways to access this functionality. Even if the core is
the same the fun user stuff comes into play.

> > On login the server chroots me, / is my top-level directory
> > where index.html lives.  Any hints on what I may be doing
> > wrong, what to change to get quanta to allow a connection
> > to the site would be aw some :)
>
> Quanta uses the functionality from KDE to access FTP server. So my tip
> would be to try first if it is possible to access the server with
> Konqueror. If this is painless the problem is Quanta related.

Yes, it's not clear exactly what your "manual connection" entailed. Certainly
if you still have a problem try to describe what you did that did not work in
a little more detail.

> Jens

There are varying situations that could cause a problem, including rare FTP
timing issues. Some programs don't attempt to handshake like KDE does so
Jens' suggestion to test with Konqueror is a good start. Unfortunately as
simple as we try to make it even I have accidentally put the wrong thing in a
dialog when trying to connect before.
--
Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader
http://quanta.sourceforge.net  sequitur@kde.org