List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] ftp functionality in quanta 3.3.2
From:       Jens Herden <jens () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2005-03-04 1:37:18

Hi Tink,

> I've done my searching, red the (sparse) documentation
> but can't figure out what I'm doing wrong ... I'm trying to
> point quanta to my homepage (which I can access via
> ftp only), quanta however comes back asking for the
> user/password combination over and over (but I know
> they're correct because they work when I ftp manually).

What do you mean by pointing? Did you try to open a file or did you try to
make a remote project?

> On login the server chroots me, / is my top-level directory
> where index.html lives.  Any hints on what I may be doing
> wrong, what to change to get quanta to allow a connection
> to the site would be aw some :)

Quanta uses the functionality from KDE to access FTP server. So my tip would
be to try first if it is possible to access the server with Konqueror. If
this is painless the problem is Quanta related.

Jens