List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Help: encoding error
From:       Craig Bradney <cbradney () zip ! com ! au>
Date:       2005-02-24 8:17:22

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 24 February 2005 05:25, Thomas W. Hearne III wrote:
> I am a NEWBIE in HTML editing.  I am using Quanta post-3.3.2 on KDE 3.3.2.
> I am attempting to paste plain text from an OpenOffice .txt document into
> an html file.  I get an error saying "selected encoding cannot encode every
> unicode character in it."  I am just pasting plain text.  What should
> encoding be set to as 'default'?
>
> Thanks.

Pasting from OO.org you will probably be past unicode, even if you think its
plain text. Often you will find non ascii spacing and hyphens in OO.org text.
Encoding should be set per your site setup and per the server setup. If you
dont use non latin or accented texts, 8859-1 would be ok. You might want to
paste into Kate and save as and set the encoding, then reload into Quanta.

Craig