List:       quagga-users
Subject:    [quagga-users 11767] Re: Static Linux Default Route with a Lower
From:       Rolf =?iso-8859-1?Q?Han=DFen?= <quagga () rhanssen ! de>
Date:       2010-09-02 21:38:00

Hi,

if you just need to make sure you can reach/access that device, we use a
simple workaround for that:
We use 2 Management hosts that can access the routers.
To reach the fist node we install a static /32 route via the primary uplink.
The 2nd node has no static route (we do not use a default route on the
routers) and is routed via the routes learned from BGP.
So if quagga/zebra crashes we can acces via node #1, if one upstream
crashed we access them via node #2.

best regards
Rolf