List:       quagga-dev
Subject:    [quagga-dev 4473] Re: Multipath with OSPF
From:       "Andrew J. Schorr" <aschorr () telemetry-investments ! com>
Date:       2006-11-13 21:51:06

On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 10:34:29PM +0100, Piotr Chytla wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 11:51:54AM -0200, Adriano Carvalho wrote:
> > Ive seen the patch for multipath done by pch, and Ive tried with 0.99.5 and
> > 0.99.4. It doesnt work. The commands "multipath" or "show multipath" doesnt
> > appear, and it keeps the route cached.
> >
> > Im using Debian 3.1, with kernel 2.6.18.2 compiled by me. Support for
> > Multipath is built-in, and RR, DRR, Random and wRandom are as modules.
> > The options used are these below:
> > --sysconfdir=/etc/quagga --disable-ipv6 --enable-ospfd --enable-ripd
> > --enable-netlink --enable-tcp-zebra --enable-zebra --enable-multipath=8
> > --enable-user=nobody --enable-group=nogroup
> >
> When you compiling quagga 0.99.5 , with mulitpath , check if you
> have file /usr/include/linux/ip_mpl_alg.h - it is needed , and
> RTA_MP_ALGO in /usr/include/linux/rtnetlink.h. Of course on begining
> refresh autotools stuff - run - update-autotools.
>
> Some additional resources:
>
> http://lists.quagga.net/pipermail/quagga-users/2006-October/007637.html
> http://lists.quagga.net/pipermail/quagga-users/2006-October/007643.html
> http://lists.quagga.net/pipermail/quagga-users/2006-October/007682.html
>

> Besides that I think it want help you with your problem , you need
> multipath for packets in forwarding path , with my patch you will have
> only partial multipath for packets originated from local sockets .

Also, I would think that basic linux ECMP flow-based routing
should work by default (without the special multipath patch).  Is
it not working for you?  Perhaps your tests did not check this
capability?

You may want to sure the output of "/sbin/ip route ls" with us
to make things clearer...

Regards,
Andy