List:       quagga-dev
Subject:    [quagga-dev 4472] Re: Multipath with OSPF
From:       Piotr Chytla <pch () packetconsulting ! pl>
Date:       2006-11-13 21:34:29

On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 11:51:54AM -0200, Adriano Carvalho wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi

> Ive seen the patch for multipath done by pch, and Ive tried with 0.99.5 and
> 0.99.4. It doesnt work. The commands "multipath" or "show multipath" doesnt
> appear, and it keeps the route cached.
>
> Im using Debian 3.1, with kernel 2.6.18.2 compiled by me. Support for
> Multipath is built-in, and RR, DRR, Random and wRandom are as modules.
> The options used are these below:
> --sysconfdir=/etc/quagga --disable-ipv6 --enable-ospfd --enable-ripd
> --enable-netlink --enable-tcp-zebra --enable-zebra --enable-multipath=8
> --enable-user=nobody --enable-group=nogroup

When you compiling quagga 0.99.5 , with mulitpath , check if you
have file /usr/include/linux/ip_mpl_alg.h - it is needed , and
RTA_MP_ALGO in /usr/include/linux/rtnetlink.h. Of course on begining
refresh autotools stuff - run - update-autotools.

Some additional resources:

http://lists.quagga.net/pipermail/quagga-users/2006-October/007637.html
http://lists.quagga.net/pipermail/quagga-users/2006-October/007643.html
http://lists.quagga.net/pipermail/quagga-users/2006-October/007682.html

Besides that I think it want help you with your problem , you need
multipath for packets in forwarding path , with my patch you will have
only partial multipath for packets originated from local sockets .

/pch

--
Dyslexia bug unpatched since 1977 ...
exploit has been leaked to the underground.