List:       quagga-users
Subject:    [quagga-users 7731] Multipath with OSPF
From:       "Adriano Carvalho" <adriano.carvalho () urbi ! com ! br>
Date:       2006-11-13 19:15:38

Hi all,

I´m posting here the same message that I´ve posted at development list.Sorry
for anything.

Its my first time here, and being brief, I will try to explain what is happening.

I got 2 machines, with 4 interfaces each one.

The first has interface A1, B1, C1, D1:
A1 -> 172.16.0.1/30
B1 -> 172.16.0.5/30
C1 -> VPN (10.15.0.1)
D1 -> 10.0.5.254/24 (internal)

The second has A2, B2, C2, E1:
A2 -> 172.16.0.2/30
B2 -> 172.16.0.6/30
C2 -> VPN (10.15.0.2)
E1 -> 10.0.4.1/24 (internal)

The idea is to equalize and make a link redundance on among A1/A2 and B1/B2.
When these 2 links are down, so all the traffic will pass by VPN (C1/C2).
The goal is to do D1 and E1 are always up, and the 3 links above are here for
it. Primarily the networks 172.16.0.0/30 and 172.16.0.4/30. JUST if these 2
networks are down, the traffic will be routed through VPN.

I got de link redundance, but I didnt get the load balance with Multipath :(
Once the route is cached, it will be used until its down. So, B1/B2 have been
used and A1/A2 isnt, until B1/B2 is down.

Ive seen the patch for multipath done by pch, and Ive tried with 0.99.5 and
0.99.4. It doesnt work. The commands "multipath" or "show multipath" doesnt
appear, and it keeps the route cached.

Im using Debian 3.1, with kernel 2.6.18.2 compiled by me. Support for
Multipath is built-in, and RR, DRR, Random and wRandom are as modules.
The options used are these below:
--sysconfdir=/etc/quagga --disable-ipv6 --enable-ospfd --enable-ripd
--enable-netlink --enable-tcp-zebra --enable-zebra --enable-multipath=8
--enable-user=nobody --enable-group=nogroup

Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks for all, and sorry for the long text.

Best regards,

--
Adriano Carvalho.
Desenvolvedor do projeto Honeypot-BR