List:       proftpd-users
Subject:    Re: [Proftpd-user] REPOST: OS X launchd plist
From:       Hans Vallden <hans () vallden ! com>
Date:       2009-01-10 21:40:05

On 9.1.2009, at 1:15, TJ Saunders wrote:

> I haven't done this myself, but a friend who's more knowledgable about
> Mac OSX 10.5 recommended that you not use RunOnlyOnce, but instead use
> RunAtLoad and KeepAlive with SuccessfulExit.  Also, you will need to
> keep
> proftpd from putting itself in the background (since launchd will do
> that); use ProgramArguments and proftpd's -n command-line option to do
> this.

TJ,

thanks for your tips. Got it working on both OS X 10.4 and 10.5.
Here's the tweaked and functioning plist item, in case anyone is
interested.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd
">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>KeepAlive</key>
	<dict>
		<key>SuccessfulExit</key>
		<true/>
	</dict>
	<key>Label</key>
	<string>org.proftpd.proftpd</string>
	<key>ProgramArguments</key>
	<array>
		<string>/usr/local/sbin/proftpd</string>
		<string>-n</string>
	</array>
	<key>RunAtLoad</key>
	<true/>