List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: What is pulling in *-lang packages?
From:       Martin Wilck via openSUSE Factory <factory () lists ! opensuse ! org>
Date:       2024-04-19 9:35:56

On Fri, 2024-04-19 at 09:16 +0200, Johannes Meixner wrote:

> I understand that every experienced user obviously always does it
> but as ultimately experienced user with final wisdom I learned
> following recommendations makes life easier (except exceptions)

I don't think consensus will ever be reached on this subject.
Greetings from a strict "solver.onlyRequires = true" fanboy.

Martin

PS: Just checked out of curiosity, "zypper inr --recommends" would only
install 165 additional packages on my workstation, occupying ~300MiB.
That's much less than what it used to be - perhaps only texlive users
must disable recommends these days.