List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: openSUSE Release Engineering meeting 03.01.2024
From:       Jan Engelhardt <jengelh () inai ! de>
Date:       2024-01-05 12:07:06

On Friday 2024-01-05 12:57, Lubos Kocman via openSUSE Factory wrote:

>argument taken Simon, however, the situation right now is that we have
>a default wallpaper for about a year now (since Beta of 15.5 I
>believe) that already has this new logo and we have about showing the
>modernized logo.
>That wallpaper received warm feedback, approval from the SUSE Branding
>team etc.

I don't run desktop Leap (but Tumbleweed), so I would have
never seen that Leap wallpaper to even form an opinion about it.
You can't just translate that to "warm feedback" (or cold feedback
for that matter).

>Specifically the Leap logo modernization was happening in PRs in
>github.com/openSUSE/artwork and branding way before any poll was
>considered.
>https://github.com/openSUSE/branding/pull/138
>
>I'm not sure if people actually looked at the wallpaper and realized
>it. So do we keep mixed logos across distro, is that what I'm reading?
>I find this situation pretty awkward as arguments are turning me away
>from fixing the inconsistency.

I mean, $if_I_were_president, I would not even bother with changing
wallpapers every release. Then there would no pressure to repeatedly
come up with new designs in the first place.