List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: openSUSE Release Engineering meeting 03.01.2024
From:       Lubos Kocman via openSUSE Factory <factory () lists ! opensuse ! org>
Date:       2024-01-05 11:57:08

Hello

argument taken Simon, however, the situation right now is that we have
a default wallpaper for about a year now (since Beta of 15.5 I
believe) that already has this new logo and we have about showing the
modernized logo.
That wallpaper received warm feedback, approval from the SUSE Branding
team etc.

Specifically the Leap logo modernization was happening in PRs in
github.com/openSUSE/artwork and branding way before any poll was
considered.
https://github.com/openSUSE/branding/pull/138

I'm not sure if people actually looked at the wallpaper and realized
it. So do we keep mixed logos across distro, is that what I'm reading?
I find this situation pretty awkward as arguments are turning me away
from fixing the inconsistency.

I feel people are raising arguments from the openSUSE project logo
change, also for "distribution logo tuneup".  I used tuneup on purpose
in the case of Leap, as it's effectively
slimmed-down variant of the very same logo. I'm aware that other
distributions might be in a different situation.

Cheers

Lubos

--

Best regards