List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: Heads up: UsrMerge impact imminent
From:       Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel () suse ! de>
Date:       2021-06-08 13:27:42

Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
> I did a zypper dup of my Tumbleweed system (last done May 15 ish)
>
> Sad to report that the filesystem install failed. It totally messed up
> my system. Sigh. Not a single command works at all.

Sorry for that :-/ Please file a bug report with zypper logs as soon as
you regain access.

> I have btrfs and snapper is enabled. I have not had to do this before,
> so I am asking: how to boot the system into the snapshot before this
> failed dup?

Unfortunately the wiki does not seem to contain information about that :-(
The Leap documentation has instructions though:
https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/leap/reference/html/book-reference/cha-snapper.html#sec-snapper-snapshot-boot

cu
Ludwig

--