List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: Heads up: UsrMerge impact imminent
From:       Roger Oberholtzer <roger.oberholtzer () gmail ! com>
Date:       2021-06-08 19:31:30

On Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 3:27 PM Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@suse.de> wrote:

> Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
> > I did a zypper dup of my Tumbleweed system (last done May 15 ish)
> >
> > Sad to report that the filesystem install failed. It totally messed up
> > my system. Sigh. Not a single command works at all.
>
> Sorry for that :-/ Please file a bug report with zypper logs as soon as
> you regain access.
>
> > I have btrfs and snapper is enabled. I have not had to do this before,
> > so I am asking: how to boot the system into the snapshot before this
> > failed dup?
>
> Unfortunately the wiki does not seem to contain information about that :-(
> The Leap documentation has instructions though:
> https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/leap/reference/html/book-reference/cha-snapper.html#sec-snapper-snapshot-boot

Thanks for that info. I kind of knew this. I have just never needed to
do it, so I wasn't 100% confident.

I have been able to rollback to before things went a over t. I can
boot fine and all seems okay.

You mentioned providing the zypper log in a bug report. How do I get
that from the failed snapshot? I did write down a bit of the text when
the error happened. Perhaps that will do?

--
Roger Oberholtzer