List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: RFC: New devel project devel:languages:python:pyqt and deal with different SIP versions
From:       Matěj_Cepl <mcepl () cepl ! eu>
Date:       2021-03-06 9:29:12

[Attachment #2 (multipart/mixed)]

[Attachment #4 (multipart/mixed)]

Dne 06/03/2021 v 03:25 Hans-Peter Jansen napsal(a):
> OTOH, any activity, that consolidates the state and manageability of these
> packages is much appreciated, because of the development shift in SIP 4..6.

Let me just add my 0.02  ¢: I am not sure about the scholastic
distinctions between PyQt and PySide, but I found really weird, when we
have GUI-related (both Gnome and Qt/KDE/whatever) packages in d:l:p
itself. I have just tried to kick python-GooCalendar out of d:l:p to the
Gnome-land, because these packages are really not that much about
Python, and they are more about the underlying GUI, and I have
absolutely no clue about that.

Concerning the name and the organization: why not to call it PyKDE as
all-covering project?

Matěj

--
https://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: mcepl@ceplovi.cz
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5  BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself
become the villain.
   -- Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight

["OpenPGP_0x79205802880BC9D8.asc" (application/pgp-keys)]
["OpenPGP_signature.asc" (application/pgp-signature)]