List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: RFC: New devel project devel:languages:python:pyqt and deal with different SIP versions
From:       Simon Lees <sflees () suse ! de>
Date:       2021-02-21 23:23:47

[Attachment #2 (multipart/mixed)]

On 2/22/21 1:36 AM, Ben Greiner wrote:
> Am 21.02.21 um 13:30 schrieb Simon Lees:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Firstly Cross posting to factory as there is a chance not everyone who
>> needs to read this is on packaging@ (more for packaging help and support)
>
> In this case the instructions in the project description of
> devel:languages:python need an update and an appropriate mention of the
> factory mailing list in the wiki [1] should be added.

Yeah that project description seems wrong, especially now that we have a
dedicated python mailing list which can be used for python specific
things. But factory is the mailing list where all the developers working
on openSUSE in general are so its the best place for questions and
discussions that involve multiple parts of the distro.

The wiki page already mentions the following, if you have a better
wording or can suggest a change let me know and i'm happy to make it.

===

Whether or not you have edit permissions on the package, you can trigger
a submit request of the package to openSUSE:Factory. That submit request
should contain a note with information about the package. Preferably,
you introduce the package to the opensuse-factory list and point to that
introduction in your submitrequest. A good introduction contains
information on the state of the upstream project and how maintainable it
is and what the purpose of having it in the distribution will be.

===

--
Simon Lees (Simotek)                            http://simotek.net

Emergency Update Team                           keybase.io/simotek
SUSE Linux                           Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30

["OpenPGP_signature.asc" (application/pgp-signature)]