List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: RFC: New devel project devel:languages:python:pyqt and deal with different SIP versions
From:       Ben Greiner <code () bnavigator ! de>
Date:       2021-02-21 23:25:36

On 22.02.21 00:11, Simon Lees wrote:
> The wiki page already mentions the following, if you have a better
> wording or can suggest a change let me know and i'm happy to make it.

The beauty of a wiki is, that anyone can make the change. But I think
the current wording works.

> ===
>
> Whether or not you have edit permissions on the package, you can trigger
> a submit request of the package to openSUSE:Factory. That submit request
> should contain a note with information about the package. Preferably,
> you introduce the package to the opensuse-factory list and point to that
> introduction in your submitrequest. A good introduction contains
> information on the state of the upstream project and how maintainable it
> is and what the purpose of having it in the distribution will be.
>
> ===

That is for the situation, when you already have the package in a devel
project and want to submit to Factory. But we are talking about the
situation described right below that paragraph. This proposal is about
where to put the packages before forwarding them to Factory.

Ben