List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Mouse clicks stops working
From:       Raymond Wooninck <tittiatcoke () gmail ! com>
Date:       2018-06-19 14:37:00

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 10:06 AM Daniel Morris <danielm@ecoscentric.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 10:39:31PM +0200, Achim Gratz wrote:
> > Achim Gratz writes:
> > > I've run into a quite unexpected problem with this snapshot: my mouse
> > > stopped working in an almost hilarious way: I can still move the pointer
> > > and things like the screen saver register clicks and scroll events
> > > apparently (or just the activity really), but everywhere else I can't
> > > click or scroll, not even on the login screen.

I see the same behavior with my installation in a VirtualBox machine.
Didn't tried to boot the old kernel yet, but it is exactly as you
describe.

> I don't mean to sound condescending, but have you checked the batteries?

My mouse is connected through USB and it works on the host system
itself, but not within the virtual system. So I doubt that it would be
the batteries or connection. Also the mouse works for the first couple
of seconds when I am in a KDE session.  I am using Xorg, so I believe
we can rule out the Display server (Wayland and Xorg both shows the
same behavior).

I thought that it was something with the VirtualBox installation, but
am happy to see that this is a more general issue.

Raymond