List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-factory] Plan for python2-only packages
From:       Joachim Wagner <jwagner () computing ! dcu ! ie>
Date:       2018-05-24 8:23:56

> > Where can we see a list of all affected packages [...]
> devel:languages:python:singlespec-staging has most of the packages
> [...]
Thanks. Google tells me these lists can be found on
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/devel:languages:python:singlespec-staging
and
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/devel:languages:python:misc

If this is wrong, please reply. Not everybody here is an OBS expert.

For many packages, the description and comment section are empty. How do you
keep track of what the specific situation is with each package? Would it be
helpful if users of packages that appear on one of the above lists start
providing details in the comment section of each package?

Question I can think of: Link to upstream project page and repo, date of last
upstream activity, what value does the package add, for what versions of SLE/
tw/Leap is the package useful, the number of downloads and, if it can be
measured, the number of installs (for each product version).

Joachim