List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] systemd
From:       "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty () suddenlinkmail ! com>
Date:       2017-07-15 3:02:53

On 07/14/2017 11:47 AM, Brian K. White wrote:
> That is excellent. :)
>
> I won't presume to say "he's right" because I am not qualified to say such a
> thing in relation to someone of his calibre, on this and related topics. But I
> can say I agree on all points.
>
> I think Poettering might be quite smart, but there is a difference between
> intelligence and wisdom. They often go together and overlap. Intelligence does
> often produce more wisdom and faster, but they are still distinct things, and
> you can actually have a lot of either one without much of the other. If
> Poettering has a lot of intelligence, he has only that, and no wisdom.

Brian,

  I think you identified the competing sides with laser-beam precision.
Intelligence is not wisdom.

  When you get those rare discussions on the deeper issue, (regardless of the
diplomacy used) it's worth taking a moment to (try) and understand what is
being said -- and why. It applies in all facets of life and if only there were
a way to include that lesson as part of the standard curriculum -- this ole
world would only be the better for it.

  Whether the wisdom be about software design paradigms, civil responsibility,
or each singular issue in between.

  And... if it just also happens to have all the hallmarks for a good street
fight where one side is being intellectually pummeled in a colorful way --
that's just icing on the cake :)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.