List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Does Everyone's Activities replicate?
From:       John Andersen <jsamyth () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-09-17 19:41:22

On 9/17/2010 12:06 AM, phanisvara das wrote:
> On Friday, September 17, 2010 10:08:02 jsa wrote:
>> I have 4 desktops.  I have a different image on each.
>> Other than that, I use now widgets or anything on the desktops.
>>
>> Upon logging back in, I will have a whole bunch of activities (see
>> image) which show  up if I right click the desktop and select Activities.
>> After a few days, I see many pages of those activity icons as shown
>> in the picture.  In excess of 80 at times.
>> It takes for ever to delete them.
>
> i used to have this problem under KDE 4.4.2 or something, can't remember exactly.
> it went away after i  deleted all plasma* files in ~/.kde4/share/config/. i had
> edited some of them manually that time, which must have driven plasma crazy.
> perhaps a system crash or something caused something similar on your system?
>
> --
> phani.

I was hoping to avoid the Delete All thingie again, on the assumption that
this bug would not still be there in 4.5.1 (its been 2 years).

I have done that deletion in the past and the problem simply returns
over time.  It seems the problem is that current state info is store
in those files as well as configuration info.  This means i cant
set them immutable and be done with this problem.