List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] How to configure konqueror to show KB and MB instead of KiB and MiB??
From:       "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty () suddenlinkmail ! com>
Date:       2009-07-13 7:35:02

On Wednesday 08 July 2009 06:54:11 am Per Jessen wrote:
> David C. Rankin wrote:
>
> > The question is "where can I turn the stupid "i" off to get MB and KB
> > back?"
>
> There really ought to be a locale(ish) or Konqueror-specific setting to
> indicate how file sizes should be displayed.
>

> /Per

	Yes there are a lot of things in kde4 that are big disappointments from a \
configuration standpoint. Instead of being able to set icon size in px, now your only \
choices are small, medium and large (would you like fries with that too?)

	That's but one example. Another is this MB MiB issue. Why don't I have to option to \
configure this? KDE has always been about the users ability to customize the desktop \
to their liking and their needs. For you devs working on these issues, please \
remember that. We don't want and one-size-fits-all desktop. If I did, I'd use gnome. \
I want the options to configure the display pretty much to the same level I can in \
kde3. Nothing more or special.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC