List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Stupid Google Redirect URL Utility
From:       David Haller <opensuse () dhaller ! de>
Date:       2009-06-09 21:06:44

Hello,

On Mon, 08 Jun 2009, Randall R Schulz wrote:
>I am most peeved by Google's recent change that make it impossible to
>copy URLs or Save Link As... from the search results pages.

Uh? I get just simple links (using .com from Germany). Do you have
JS actived / allowed for google?

>- klip
>  Manipulate the Klipboard from the command line

What if you don't have KDE with klipper running?

==== works with XFree86 3.3.6 and xorg 7.4 w/ ====
#!/bin/bash --norc -x
# needs klipper running or xselection installed
if test $# -lt 1 -o $# -gt 2 ; then
	echo "klip: Usage: $0 paste|get / copy|put  [ <string> ]" >&2
	exit 1
fi
have_kde=$(dcop klipper >/dev/null 2>&1; echo $?;)
if test $have_kde -eq 0; then
    get="dcop klipper klipper getClipboardContents"
    set="dcop klipper klipper setClipboardContents"
else
    get="xselection PRIMARY"
    set="xselection PRIMARY --"
fi

case "$1" in
    paste | get)
        $get
	;;
    copy | put | set)
        if test $# -eq 1 -o "$2" = "-" ; then
            $set "$(cat)"
        else
            $set "$2"
        fi
    ;;
esac
====

HTH,
-dnh

--
When you say "I wrote a program that crashed Windows", people just stare
at you blankly and say "Hey, I got those with the system, *for free*".